GreaseSpot Cafe

Did TWI promote a realistic relationship with God?

T-Bone

"Unsettling as it is, I do not know what 'worship' means. How could speaking in tongues be IT?"

Don't let it unsettle you too much Safari. I think we all define it in different ways as we continue on our journey. For some it may be some form of prayer, for others a lifestyle. In time, you will find your own way.

I do not know what 'worship' means.

That would be a great thread, imo. ;)

I remember reading a thread on here about prayer and the next time my ex and I prayed together, I said, "If it's your will...." OMG - You'da thought I had committed a murder or something. I got reamed and railed on and yelled at for at least an hour about that. :realmad:

"What do you mean IF it's His will??? Don't we study the word so we KNOW what his will is?"

"Aren't you BELIEVING for him to do those things for us?"

:CUSSING:

"Are you AFRAID he won't?"

"Well he sure as he11 isn't with that attitude"

:rolleyes:

Just check out James 4:13-17 Belle.

That pretty much sums it up for me.

James 4:13-17 (KJV)

Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain: 14Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. 15For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that. 16But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil. 17Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.