GreaseSpot Cafe

American Idol Final 7 Predictions

Eagle

It was a shock to see Mendesa go, almost expected to see Bucky go, though I thought Ace should go first. Tonight, we had some great performances. Kellie Pickler though will most certainly be on the bottom three if not eliminated tomorrow, but I hope she is not eliminated. She had one bad performance and I hope she survives it. My problem is that she admitted on TV that she "butchered" the song, and when someone says that about themselves, voters tend to think the same even if she hadn't done so. She was off in a couple of notes. If she reacted much more maturely instead of apologetically (it was not that bad), she would be okay for tomorrow. But she stands a good chance of elimination tomorrow because she made herself stand out as "bad".

To me, Elliot Yamin did very well, perhaps his best ever, but he consistently is on the bottom three lately. This may be because of his appearance. People are not looking at his talent but his look. He does not deserve bottom, but he will be there again.

Ace to me was the worst singer this week, but with Pickler doing what she did, he may escape it again. While Pickler is cute and perky and funny, she might get the boot over Ace and Elliott. If she does, she should immediately hit the Nashville circuit. She really is talented.

I picked Pickler to go tomorrow, my wife picked Elliott, though she likes him. She thinks too many women are voting for Ace because of his good looks. It keeps saving him. I think that will only carry him so far.

We both still have Chris as ahead of all of them this year. But Kathleen McPhee, once or twice on the bottom three, has picked up incredibly and is closing in. She is definitely top 3. Paris had another fantastic showing and Taylor did his usual Wow! performance.

Predictions on who will go tomorrow?