GreaseSpot Cafe

Exceedingly Abundantly Above All I Could Ask or Think

Belle

Thanks to T-Bone and the wonderful signature line!

This morning I woke up in my own bed, turned off my own stereo, walked into my own kitchen and started my own coffee maker. Took out my own (wonderful) dog and thought, looking back at my own house, "Dad Gummit, I have become an adult!" I have a house I really enjoy and am really proud of. I have a car that I really like and own outright. My credit score is 780 and I have a nice savings account and a nice retirement account growing.

I take care of me and I take care of my "things". My dog is winning awards and we enjoy quite a bit of "quality" time together. I have a great job, wonderful co-workers and my family is closer than we've been in eight years.

It's a good life! I've learned a lot and I've suffered a lot (but a lot less than others). I've overcome a lot and I've got a lot to be thankful for.

Does anyone else have to pinch yourself in the morning?

Not every day is wonderful, peaches and rainbows....but as my signature line says......

Edited by Belle

Yeah, you DO have much to be proud of Belle, your house IS beautifull, your dog really IS cool....you are happy! ........You have come a long way in a very short period of time.

You have accomplished SO much....you ought to be very very proud.

Excathedra.... that is what I thank God for as well....my kiddoes.

I was out with my 17 yr old tonight and was struck with what a totally cool person she was ...and that she was no longer just my daughter but has become a dear friend.....

Sometimes I get so overwhelmed with dishes and laundry and the state of the house that I forget to be apreciative of the good things.

Thanks Belle and Ex for reminding me.

Sometimes I get "blue" because of what I do not yet have (thanks to 20 years given away to ungrateful slobs) BUT... there are moments like you described, Belle. Where I look around at my house, my kid, my current "environment" and think.... I really, truly do LIKE my life. And I LIKE myself.

And those moments are happening more and more frequently.

It's a wonderful place to be after all those years of unhappiness.

ya know it really is a wonderful world we live in

i am so happy for those of you enjoying it! :beer: i am happy to say that i am too

4 wonderful sons :love3:

2 daughters in law :eusa_clap:

2 great grand kids :wave:

one more on the way :dance:

i am retired and although i am not wealthy i have enough to get by

and i am blessed with a wonderful wife and friends

it really is a wonderful world

Edited by coolchef1248 @adelphia.net

Thanks, y'all. It's just amazing to me how absolutely effortless it is to be thankful (on MOST days) since leaving TWI. And how much more there seems to be thankful FOR.

Ya know, when I was a little girl I would wonder what I would be like at 30, 35, 40, etc. and then I would wonder if when I was 30 and met me at 11, 13, 15, etc. if I would like me. Now I wonder if me at 11 years old would like me at 37 years old. LOL! I think I would think I'm pretty darn cool even though I'm "old".

I think me at 11 years old would have been scared to death of me at 32 years old and deeply involved with TWI.

Rascal, you definitely have a lot to be thankful for! Those kiddos are awesome and you do a great job with them.

ex, you know I just think you are da bomb! You totally rock!

Galen, thank you. I am who I am today because of so many people here on GSpot, including you. :knuddel:

The Highway:

I really, truly do LIKE my life. And I LIKE myself.

And those moments are happening more and more frequently.

It's a wonderful place to be after all those years of unhappiness.

Amen! Amen! AMEN!! I am still sad about wasting my "fertile" years in TWI, but ya know, in the whole scheme of things, life is good. And, for the record, I LIKE you, too! :)

Chef, I thought the top of your list would be salmon from Jonny! ;) Naw, Family is the best and being a grandparent is the cherry on top from what I understand. I'll bet your the best grandfather in the world - second to mine, of course. :D