GreaseSpot Cafe

IVR Cheat Sheet

satori001

On some of those, the 'path' through the phone system which you choose to get to a real person, is also dependant on what your issue is, or why you are calling.

Just to find the fastest method of getting to a real person, does not help you if you get a IT support geek, but wanted to place an order.

Most of the time, I really don't mind listening to their system, assuming that going through it's maze will eventually get me to the correct department for my issue.

:)

ha ! where did you find that ?

let's see, i need the cheat for health insurance, cable company, internet best buy, um....

it used to be easy you could just press 0 but not anymore

i even remember using the one where i tell them i have a rotary dial phone. i don't think my kid would know what that is

what does IVR stand for ?

From Wikipedia:

IVR Last modified: Wednesday, February 12, 2003

Short for interactive voice response, a telephony technology in which someone uses a touch-tone telephone to interact with a database to acquire information from or enter data into the database. IVR technology does not require human interaction over the telephone as the user's interaction with the database is predetermined by what the IVR system will allow the user access to. For example, banks and credit card companies use IVR systems so that their customers can receive up-to-date account information instantly and easily without having to speak directly to a person. IVR technology is also used to gather information, as in the case of telephone surveys in which the user is prompted to answer questions by pushing the numbers on a touch-tone telephone.