I want to share a story with you

year2027

God first

Beloved Friends

God loves you all

Here is a Email I received that may blessed you it has a great story in it

D.S. is from a board called Different Strokes

http://www.differentstrokes.co.uk/ go to the Message Board then enter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Roy,it is so nice to find someone on D.S. that believes the same way as me,While it is not for us to judge others and what they do or do not do,it saddens me to find so many people(not just stroke people)everywhere that cannot feel the presence of God within us,Like you I love everyone through the Love of God within me,

God is in us all because his Love is the biggest and most wonderful thing there ever could be,we just have to be prepared to find it within our hearts and souls,Why have so many people deserted our God

in search of worldly pleasures and things.Roy I want to share something with you

I met our Lord on 3 occasions, and I know that He is there always and forever,I will explain

I was brought up as a christian and my mother showed and gave so much love to everyone that I felt she was a saint,But as I got to my teens I fell by the wayside right up until I had my stroke in 2001

Then I ran my own construction company and was only interested in making money,I had put God to the back of my mind,So I had a stroke along with other serious illnesses,I was given 24 hours to live as all my main organs had given up,but survive I did,and after intensive care was transfered to a special stroke unit at a nearby hospital,I was told I would never walk again,However after a big thunderstorm

I woke at 2.30 am to find the room filled with such bright light it hurt my eyes,yet the lightswitch was off

I couldnt understand what was happening and sat up in bed I remembered God and how I had forgotten Him,Then I noticed light coming through the curtains,it should be pitch black outside at this hour,so I

shuffled myself out of bed and into my wheelchair alongside,I went to the curtains and peered out.The night was gone and it was like wonderful sunlight outside, birds were flying around and some rabbits were hopping about on the lawn.Yet nearby woodstock road the street lights were still on,I felt as though I was seeing heaven and didnt want to leave the window until tiredness made me get back to bed.I swore I would never forget Our Lord again and His presense has helped me overcome so many fears since. L ater the next day I

began walking again to the amazement of the doctors and physios

Roy,8 months later I underwent major heart surgery to replace my faulty aortic valve, which caused my stroke and killed my mum when I was just 17,The operation was risky,but I knew that God would look after me as he has before and since.Operation successful, I now am disabled from the stroke but am alive to tell others about the Wonderful Love of God,and to try and help others to find it too

Bless you Roy and may Our Lord be with you always

Love

and best wishes Ady

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the Email that gave me ok to share it

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good morning Roy,what a lovely reply from you,of course you can retell my story to whoever you want,and yes please I would like to know what organizations you subscribe to,I subscribe to CHRISTIANS UNITE and Hazledean,Whenever I feel a bit scared about doing something, I say to myself you will be o.k. because God is with me and of course I am o.k.

Roy I wrote this little prayer in hospital after what happened, I hope you like it

VILLAGE POETRY POEM #1 A THANKSGIVING OF LIFE

THANK YOU LORD FOR THE YESTERDAYS

THANK YOU LORD FOR THE MEMORIES

THANK YOU LORD FOR TODAY

FOR GIVING YOUR LOVE IN EVERY WAY

THANK YOU LORD FOR THE TOMORROWS TO BE

IN GIVING US HOPE OF ETERNITY

copyright adrian taylor 2001

love and best wishes ady

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this has blessed you it did me

Now the board is mostly about helping people understand strokes

there a lot of pain there and there love too

thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

THANK YOU LORD FOR THE YESTERDAYS

THANK YOU LORD FOR THE MEMORIES

THANK YOU LORD FOR TODAY

FOR GIVING YOUR LOVE IN EVERY WAY

THANK YOU LORD FOR THE TOMORROWS TO BE

IN GIVING US HOPE OF ETERNITY

copyright adrian taylor 2001

love and best wishes ady

An eternal prayer! :) :) :)

That's really neat, Roy. Thank you for sharing it with us and thank your friend for allowing you to. It's hard to forget a loving God like that when He's blessed you so much in your life, isn't it? Rather than saying that God cursed him by having all those challenges, he looked at the good that came from the situation.

There's a quote by Condaleeza Rice that I like very much:

It is a dangerous thing to ask why someone else has been given more. It is humbling and indeed healthy to ask why you've been given so much.

Your story made me think of it.

It is a dangerous thing to ask why someone else has been given more. It is humbling and indeed healthy to ask why you've been given so much.

It reminds me of something that my pastor says. Instead of being envious of what people get, while you get nothing, rejoice with them for their blessings, cause yours may be next.