GreaseSpot Cafe

On-Line Sex Predators

Morgan

Morgan, I watched this program and was stunned, although I wasn't sure why. They behaved in exactly the way one expects them to do.

The denial, lies, shock. The faces and terror when they discovered it was a news program that was taping them and they were so busted.

And finally the guy that set up yet another meeting, what was it, the next day at another location?

It was an excellent presentation of a couple of things, to me.

1. They look like any of us, proving again that the boogey man isn't descriptive.

2. They won't just stop, even after being exposed on national television

I look forward to the Dec 16 show

My 10 year old doesn't chat online, but has begun to play two games at sites that I checked out. But.... she'll get older and discover chatting someday...............

Shell thanks for the information. From time to time you see such information but each time it seems we learn something new and that as parents we need to be reminded.

My last child at home of 12, he also likes to play a couple of games at on the internet, but I am administrator of the computer and he can only go to sites with me giving the password up and approving his account for them.

As far as chatting goes his best friend lives in the city and his parents along with us have set up an instant message between the families email accounts on microsoft messenger so the boys can chat, it cuts down our long distance bill and the boys don't have to worry about predators. Although my son will ignore my friends who might pop un once in awhile while he is chatting instead of saying mom isn't online LOL.

Digi

I read all six pages and as some folks here know from hard experience, there is little in this world that shocks me, leaves me speechless or where I can't find humor.

Now, you've done it.

Andrew only has one site he likes to visit regularly...it involves a video game called "Legend of Zelda".

I'll keep my 12 ga. handy, anyway.