GreaseSpot Cafe

Rapist Programmed Cell Number In Victims' Phones

Ron G.

Alleged Rapist Programmed Cell Number In Victims' Phones

POSTED: 10:53 am EST December 6, 2005

UPDATED: 11:46 pm EST December 6, 2005

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A 24-year-old man was arrested Tuesday on suspicion he raped two University of Central Florida students and then programmed his phone number into their cell phones so the victims could call him later, according to Local 6 News.

Investigators said Evislandys Brito slipped into an apartment located near the University of Central Florida campus Saturday and held a gun to a sleeping woman's head. He then raped her, police said.

Sunday, Brito allegedly entered another apartment and raped a different UCF student at gunpoint.

Detectives said after the two rapes, Brito sat and talked with the women for about 30 minutes. He then programmed his cell phone number into their cell phones and vice versa, Local 6 News reported.

"Once he left the second victim on Sunday morning, 30 minutes after that, he called her and just started talking like they were best friends," Orange County Sheriff's Sgt. Richard Makewich said. "She hung up the phone and he said call me later on."

An undercover police officer called Brito back posing as the victim.

Brito went to the apartment complex where he allegedly raped the woman and he was arrested without incident.

Investigators said they found a gun, a cell phone and the clothes he was described to be wearing.

Brito was charged with sexual battery with a deadly weapon, aggravated assault with a firearm and burglary.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this developing story.

Copyright 2005 by Internet Broadcasting Systems and Local6.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

:redface:

Twas hoping no one noticed that, Ron! I guess it's too late to hide the story about the guy from Maitland who got shot in Miami for claiming to have a bomb, eh?

Maitland is part of the Greater Orlando area and a regular stomping ground of mine. :blink:

And to think people make fun of us Southerners...... :P

What do you think about that, Raf?

It seems to me that the guys did what they were supposed to and should have done. The mental illness community yelling that it's an outrage and that they should have considered his wife's yelling have no idea how unrealistic a request that would be.

I'm sure he wasn't the only one yelling by the time he made it off the plane and that the agents didn't have time and weren't paying attention to anyone else but that guy, as well they shoud be. What if he really did have a bomb and the bomb went off and killed lots of people because they stopped to listen to some lady they didn't know and couldn't prove was his wife? She could have been an accomplice for all they would have known....

Besides that, one more second delay in shooting him after he put his hand into his bag could have meant certain death for so many people.

Of course, I could be biased since I'm intimately familiar with law enforcement and military personnel and how quick their responses have to be despite how wrong it may seem to people after the fact.

And another thing......(edited to add)...what the HE!! were they doing letting his medicine run out for anyway - especially knowing how out of control he can get when he doesn't take his medicine???

Edited by Belle

the rapist's story made me very very sad but glad he left his number so he wouldn't injure/destroy anyone else

as far as "stupid" goes, how crass, but i'm sensitive to these kind of things

the "bomber's" story is tragic beyond words but given the circumstances....

sorry not trying to rain on anyone's parade