Belle

Lima News

Teen finds fulfillment through volunteerism

By PAM DUNNO

Lima News correspondent

11/21/2005

sparrowhawk@bright.net

excerpt

C0ulter, who has not yet chosen a college to attend, does volunteer work at The Way International where she takes fellowship courses. Her efforts at the church include helping with chores that revolve around Sunday services such as being an usher or parking attendant. Sometimes she staffs the cash regis-ter at the church’s gift shop.

“I’ve always been taught the most important thing is to love God and do his work,” Coulter said. “I’ve learned so much from all the teaching and from everyone involved that I want to give back in some way so I volunteer.”

Well, it's nice to see that she is one of the few TWIts who actually gives in ways outside the walls of TWI.

Coulter also frees her spirit through athletics, running in particular.

I'm sure TWI LOVED seeing that quote.... :D

Coulter has been on the school’s track team for six years and its cross-country team for five.

Coulter is a member of the National Honor Society with a 4.0 grade-point average, the German Club as secretary and Pep Club. She is the secretary for her class and keeps basketball statistics. She also plays the piano and is the business manager for the yearbook, “The Memoir.”

The teen is the daughter of Joe and Linda C0ulter. She has a sister and a brother, Mary Kay and Paul.