GreaseSpot Cafe

Missing People

Psalm 71 one

I keep posting this stuff on other people's threads. Figured I better start my own.

Has gc checked in with anyone?

JesseJoeB? That is who I am looking for. The email I sent her a week ago just got sent back to me yesterday because her mailbox is full--it took a week to be returned to me. I can't get through on any numbers I have for her. I just discovered a place I might be able to find her. I found a phone number, called it--a dead end. icon_frown.gif:(--> I've left "searching for" messages at various places, and don't know what else to do. If anybody knows anything else about her, can you email me? Thanks.

You probably have these links, but I'll post them anyway. Maybe they'll be helpful to you or someone else.

International Committee of the Red Cross: Family News Network database

List of names, register yourself, register a lost relative

National Next of Kin Registry

Register missing loved ones, share reports if you evacuated

National Next Of Kin Registry "I'm Safe" Board - Louisiana

Forum specifically for Louisiana (links to similar forums for other states accessible from link above this one)

Salvation Army Radio Network

Form to request a check on your loved ones

CNN Safe list

Names, hometowns and current locations reported by hurricane survivors

Public People Locator

Central registry of missing and safe persons affected by Hurricane Katrina.

Gulf Coast Survivor-Connector Database

Forums from WWL-TV in New Orleans

icon_biggrin.gif:D--> YAYYYYY!!!

I just got word from someone who works with JesseJoe. She's safe in Corpus Christi. Crying tears of relief! I'm hoping she will call me in the next couple days.

George, the "she" you're talking about is gc, right? There is a big "searching for" thread in one of the data bases (several people are looking for her), if her name is what I think it is.

LongGone, I didn't have all of those links you gave me-- I'd searched them earlier today, with no results. I had sent several requests for info about her to her workplace, and just tonight someone responded!

WayferNot, I thought she might have a different poster name, also, but didn'y know what that was. She doesn't post here much, anyway, we emailed a lot.

quote:
I thought I remembered JessieJoe coming back awhile ago posting under another name. She came back for a short while and then I didn't see again.

Wayfer -- her *new* name she posted under was Shelly, if I recollect correct.

(though she signed her posts with jessejoe) icon_smile.gif:)-->

David

Should we start a thread for gc since this one turned out so well? I really hope she checks in soon!

I think sometimes people don't realize how much they touch our lives on here. Even though we may not be "good friends" or even chat/talk or visit "offline" most of us have become very endeared to one another....at least in my little world. There are so many of you that I really care about even though we've never even exchanged the first e-mail or private message. Maybe it would be a good time to do that. icon_smile.gif:)-->

• 3 weeks later...