GreaseSpot Cafe

Trying to locate a thread!

Cowgirl

There was a thread done quite awhile back, can't even remember the title, lots of pages to it, all about country, bluegrass music and instruments such as the mandolin, banjo, guitar and it also had some awesome links to it, even info on playing the instruments. it was a goldmine of info in my opinion!! I've looked and can't seem to find it anywhere, I would so appreciate it if someone can find it for me.

Thanks mucho !!

Cowgirl

It's probably the thread titled "Banjo and Mandolin."

Click "Advanced search"

then type in the words "banjo mandolin guitar bluegrass".

You'll get 3 hits.

It's not "the Worst Way Song",

so it's probably either "Banjo and Mandolin"

or "Do you play any musical instruments?"

"Banjo and Mandolin" looked like it had lots of links.

Mr Tom Strange, That thought did definitely cross my mind, I remember DMiller and Zixar had quite a bit to say on that thread, I've typed in all kinds of words and nothing has come up, the only other thing I can think of is that it could of been one of the files that got deleted when GS was going through some changes.

Cowgirl

Howdy Act2 and Belle !!

Sad to say it's none of those, I even remember there was a little bit of info on the "penny whistle." I have typed in every word I could think of and still can't find it. I remember I had asked quite a few questions on that thread in regards to the mandolin. There was a part I was having a conversation with someone and my response was "You can't make me" something about playing the mandolin.

Pawtucket........is there anyway you can tell if that thread got deleted?

Cowgirl

Cowgirl -- I found THIS ONE, but I don't think it is what you are looking for.

I stayed up till 8 am today, searching my past posts for it (I believe it was all on a thread you started called Bluegrass and Folk Music about a year ago), but I couldn't find it.

It might still be there, but I bet it is one of the ones Paw deleted, cause no matter what I typed in, it all came up blank.

David

BLUEGRASS IS THE VITAL SOURCE OF LIFE

David I really appreciate all your hard work in trying to locate that thread but it looks like I'll just have to start another one.

Thanks !!

Cowgirl

PS There was a link, I think it was you who had posted it, there was quite a bit of info on it about mandolins and if you wanted to purchase one they had a list of all kinds and you could even listen to the sound of that particular mandolin, would you happen to remember the name of that website?