GreaseSpot Cafe

Bored, would love to start a business

vickles

I'm thinking more and more about like a rent-a-friend or friend-4-u. For people that need a friend to come over and visit...maybe they are elderly or mentally ill. They don't fit where human services would fit them. They want to be on there own and be self sufficient but just someone to talk to and make sure they are ok. And since Mayo clinic is in this area it might work for people that are not from here and need someone to be with them for appts and such.

What do ya think?

I really don't know how to get it started though.

I know its a big need in this area.

Next week I have a week vacation and would like to get started in starting something. I know its going to take time but at least I can do some ground work. Has anyone done anything like this? I don't even know where to begin.

It would be nice to put together brochures. I would have to check and see what kind of liscensing I would need.

Hey if this thing works out I owe it all to you!!!!! Thanks!!!! icon_smile.gif:)-->

Thanks jim, I sent you an e-mail.

One of the things I totally believe in is networking. This is how I believe that business's really do well in.

I really appreciate all of your ideas which has been very helpful to me. If you have any more ideas it would be great!!!!

I notice on this board that a lot of people are looking for something to do and would think its great if we could all network with all of our ideas. What do you think? Like maybe some kind of group on the internet or support each other from here? I don't know.

A lot of us are getting older now and our future is very important. We spent most of our youth in twi with moving around and putting twi first in our lives that we didn't put much effort into our future. Retirement is coming close as we reach that age. Medical is a big thing to think about too.

So if any of you have any ideas about how we can do this would be great.

quote:
One of the things I totally believe in is networking. This is how I believe that business's really do well in.

Its how I get ALL my work. I don't really think of it as 'networking' so much as just being out and meeting people in my community, which I enjoy anyway--sooner or later they call on me for something even it wasn't my original intent, or intent at all to push my stuff.

I have never advertised, dont have a website or brochure, no yellow page ad, barely a business card, I dont even think that I am that good with people, but somehow it works.

If you are a 'people person' in my estimation that is the only way to go--but thats just the way i like to do things---

If this thread goes---I hope you keep us posted how things are progressing...

Thanks mstar!!

I have gone through lots of thoughts of this and really still don't know what to do. I've thought about the human services thing and realize though that it is really hard to get started.

I am thinking about doing making christmas decorations made with wood that people can put on their doors and such. I can do this during my spare time. That would give me time to get it started and at christmas time see how it goes.

I'm also thinking about either building furniture or buying old furniture and giving them a new look and selling it. Then the customer service would work in the selling part.

We shall see.

Thanks all for the advice..it really has been helpful!!!!