GreaseSpot Cafe

Summer School ... Just Curious

Cindy!

I am teaching a Summer School Intervention program. Well, actually...I'm supervising the computer lab for the Read180 part.

Have you gone to summer school?

What was your recollection of the students, the teachers, the experience???

What would have worked BETTER for you????

All I remember about summer school when I was a kid is that I hated every minute of it.

I had to take U.S. History between my second and third years of high school so that I could graduate a year early.

It was SOOOO boring! The guy next to me spent the entire 6(?) week session practicing drawing breasts.

I hated going to school in the summer, but I loved the smaller classes and the individual attention that you got from the teachers. I also liked that it seemed to be less "clique"-ish.

My teachers always made it less formal and tried harder to make it "fun" for us, but we were there to get extra credits toward college so we were already a little "odd". We were allowed to wear shorts which isn't allowed in the regular school year. I loved that! icon_biggrin.gif:D--> We'd even meet outside sometimes which we really enjoyed.

Drivers Ed was boring but how many girls really care about how the engine works and how to change a tire? None of us gals in my class did.