GreaseSpot Cafe

E-Postcard Virus Warning!

GarthP2000

I just got an email titled 'Postcard for you from a friend' from PostCards4You.com, and it wound up being a trojan. (Not to worry, as I scanned that puppy first, detected the trojan, and deleted it.)

The things that got me suspicious about it was 1) it didn't mention who the 'friend' was, and 2) it had an 'exe' attachment. (I also found out afterwards that the domain name 'postcards4u.com' is for sale. Ie., its a non-existant company.) So that's when I did the virus scan.

This might be a new (and apparently looks to be a very effective) trend of spreading viruses/trojans. If so, _definitely_ beware of this, and make sure you keep your virus protection plan very secure and up to date.

Be careful out there, folks.

Thanks, Garth! They come out with something new every day, don't they?

I was reading about the Nigerian scandals becoming common on the online dating sites. They're going to great lengths to court men and/or women for months before asking them to cash money orders and such for them.