GreaseSpot Cafe

Cool Story

Shellon

That really is a fun story...haven't you ever dreamed of digging up money?

When I was five years old, workmen were planting trees around our new house...the guys thought I was pretty cute I guess when they asked me if I knew what kind of trees they were and I answered "sure I do...they're money trees...that's what my Mom said they better be."

They told me they were silver backed maples but were also kind enuf to give me some "seeds" to plant my own money trees. I buried the seeds (which looked suspiciously like quarters) in the backyard....and don't think I haven't thought about digging them up a time or two...lol.

Sorry, Shell, but looks like this might not be quite such a cool story after all. The guys who said they "found the money while digging up a tree" have been arrested for "finding" the money hidden in someone's barn, where they were replacing the roof. The family who own the barn think the money was hidden there by some ancestors.

I wanted it to be so. I've always dreamed of digging up something cool. Not necessarily money, but something interesting and historical.

The guys are sticking to their story, but law enforcement officials say there are too many holes in their story.

I suppose it's possible that the barn owners are trying to scam these guys, too. Interesting little mystery.

Stay tuned!