GreaseSpot Cafe

School Talent Nights

WhiteDove

You know the ones where YOUR kid does great and then you swelter in a auditorium full of people while listening to what sounds like someone torturing a chicken.

I was talking to my brother in California this week and his good friend invited him to his childrens school show a fund raiser for the school. He was not all that excited about it but these people sorta look out for him being that he has no family there and invite him for the holidays and so forth. So being the good friend he is he agreed to go.

Realizing that he most likely was not really thrilled about driving two hours through LA traffic his friend told him that as part of the fundraiser there would be a catered dinner before the show.(Hey it's LA)

Also he said that one of the kids Suzi had a grandfather that had aparently played guitar and performed at some live events in the past. As part of the show he would also be playing at the end. So my brother is thinking ok this may not be so bad at least dinner and maybe some good music. Ha!

Well as promised after the kids did their thing Suzi's grandfather did play and play and play and play for almost one and a half hours......

OH!!! And now the rest of the story........

Well little Suzi's grandfather and his old time pals as it turned out did have some success in the music business, that live show they did Woodstock,you may have heard of some of their songs. Suit Judy Blue Eyes,Teach your Children,Ohio, Love the one your With,Our House, Find the cost of freedom,Carry On....

Yep there sat my brother at his first School Talent Show with little Suzi watching Grandpa and Uncle's Steven and David.

Crosby Stills & Nash play.

He says that it was not too bad in fact he may go again next year. Some people have all the luck.

Incredible! I went to a neighbor's dance recital/fund raiser this week-end and all I got was dancing sunflowers. Cute sunflowers they were, but three hours of dancing kids would have been so much more palatable with CS&N to finish off the recital. I'm jealous. Yep, VERY jealous.

Nope. They've got sunflowers in the sunny south, too. icon_smile.gif:)-->

I'm laughing now thinking of how many people were subjected to listening to me sing "I Write the Songs" in my 3rd grade recital! icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> icon_biggrin.gif:D--> I think I should send a thank you note to my parents.

** edited because of CRS disease ***

Edited by Belle

quote:
Yep there sat my brother at his first School Talent Show with little Suzi watching Grandpa and Uncle's Steven and David.

Crosby Stills & Nash play.

He says that it was not too bad in fact he may go again next year. Some people have all the luck.

What -- A -- Night -- That -- Musta -- Been!!.