GreaseSpot Cafe

Old TWI Habits: Still, after all these years

Wacky Funster

I couldn't believe it.

I went to the dump today to put some things in the swap shop...it's spring cleaning time again.

I saw a nice faberware perculator pot...like brand new someone had donated.

I put it in the car.

As I was driving away I looked at it and wondered why I had taken it. I don't drink perculated coffee!!!

In an instant it came to me...why?

I wanted to have an extra pot for "twig"...or if someone was gonna start a "twig" that I would have one to give them!!!!

I couldn't frickin' believe it...what? I've been outta twi now for 19 years now...and I mindlessly did this...

It just about freaked me out...I was thinking I was almost all healed up...

sheesh.... icon_rolleyes.gif:rolleyes:-->

Anyone else do these little mindless TWI dog day things?

Ha ha....

I get annoyed if anyone I'm working with isn't ready for a meeting 30 minutes before it starts. I get mildly upset when a movie or live performance doesn't start exactly on time.

I habitually check the stage setups on TV and anywhere else I am. I cringe when someone blows into a microphone and asks if it's on.

I make sure my nametag is on my right side.

Jim...how long have you been out?

I don't like late people either...I didn't relate that to a twi thing...I think it's a college/school thing...

Jeno...I rarely think about twi either...it was just a deep seated something about a faberware perculator pot...it was totally unconscious til I was driving home and looked at the pot in the passenger seat...

I guess, when I think about it, I haven't come into contact with a faberware perculator pot in 19 years!!!! I use a krups drip pot for decaf.

icon_eek.gif

Being late is rude.

Twi or not.

It happens, of course, sometimes. I have a friend who I have to give a whole differant time of events to. I ask her to be there at 11 if I need her there at 1. It's likely she'll then at least show up at 1:30. This chick is even late for work consistantly. I want that kind of job.

That's a whole differant animal; it's selfish.