GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Tune

Raf

"Wendy let me in, I wanna be your friend,I want to guard your dreams and visions.
Just wrap your legs 'round these velvet rims, and strap your hands across my engines.
Together we could break this trap.
We'll run till we drop, baby we'll never go back.

Oh, will you walk with me out on the wire? 'cause baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider. But I gotta know how it feels. I want to know if love is wild, babe. I want to know if love is real. Oh, can you show me?"

"Beyond the palace, hemi-powered drones scream down the boulevard.
The girls comb their hair in rear-view mirrors and the boys try to look so hard.
The amusement park rises bold and stark, kids are huddled on the beach in a mist.
I wanna die with you, Wendy, on the streets tonight in an everlasting kiss.

The highways jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide.
Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.
Oh, someday girl, I don't know when,
We're gonna get to that place where we really want to go, and we'll walk in the sun."

You guys are showing your ages; this was a big hit.

"In the day, we sweat it out on the streets
Of a runaway American dream.
At night, we ride through mansions of glory
In suicide machines.
Sprung from cages out on Highway 9.
Chrome wheeled, fuel injected and steppin' out over the line.
Oh, baby this town rips the bones from your back,
It's a death trap, it's a suicide rap.
We gotta get out while we're young."

"Wendy let me in, I wanna be your friend,I want to guard your dreams and visions.
Just wrap your legs 'round these velvet rims, and strap your hands across my engines.
Together we could break this trap.
We'll run till we drop, baby we'll never go back.

Oh, will you walk with me out on the wire? 'cause baby I'm just a scared and lonely rider. But I gotta know how it feels. I want to know if love is wild, babe. I want to know if love is real. Oh, can you show me?"

"Beyond the palace, hemi-powered drones scream down the boulevard.
The girls comb their hair in rear-view mirrors and the boys try to look so hard.
The amusement park rises bold and stark, kids are huddled on the beach in a mist.
I wanna die with you, Wendy, on the streets tonight in an everlasting kiss.

The highways jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide.
Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.
Oh, someday girl, I don't know when,
We're gonna get to that place where we really want to go, and we'll walk in the sun."

Hi waysider.  So I want to remind you about this thread 'Name That Tune' is played and how it's differs from the 'Songs remembered from one line'.  Songs thread is just easy to remember.  That's it, and it doesn't require the name of the songwriter or band.  Just the song, and usually it's just one or two lines. 

The tune thread differs in that it requires that we give more than one line, perhaps a full verse and, depending on its  difficulty maybe several verses.  So, generally the song here, isn't one that is recognized from one or two lines, (although it can be), so it becomes a more challenging thread.  And, here, we are required to name a group or artist who either actually recorded it, or was covered by another artist and it had received enough radio play to make it memorable.  Say for example, ~The Bangles~ and their cover of ~Simon and Garfunkel's "Hazy Shade of Winter".

For me, in this case, there isn't enough lyrics to draw information.