The Nostalgia Thread

Sudo

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I swear sometimes I wonder about myself.

I was just walking with the bosses as we discussed points from the meeting we'd just been in and as we go thru the store we're attached to I accidentally knocked off a couple garments and was busy putting them back up while my companions continued to walk ahead discussing with me these points. When they noticed I'd not replied they stopped and looked back to find me hanging cloths back up. As I looked towards them and quickly finished my task they just smiled at me with that look I seem to get now and then.

I guess it must be me.

:blink:

Kathy,

Re:"I agree, it was better when they were little fartknockers."

I'm not sure what a "fartknocker" is exactly. It sounds like a term I might would have scolded my kids for using when they were in elementary school. But I think I get the gist of it and I have to agree with both you and Hiway29. Not only did Kevin Arnold pull a Beaver Cleaver but so did Winnie, IMO.

I see what period of TV nostalgia you are partial to, Kathy. So here's one that should be up your alley... click HERE! and see if it stirs some memories.

sudo

Sudo,

I would think that you young men would have liked the drivers in that one.

And fartknockers are actually little youngins running around. (well my version that is)

Abi,

Yup The Wonder Years it was and it looks like everyone knew that one.

~*~*~*

I love this song and it's just dadgum cute. Hope y'all enjoy. HERE

That show was good-the movie it was based on was even better. They both featured the best hard-***** actor playing the professor.

And I still can't figure out sudo's theme. Plus he says there was a spin-off! I might have to do some detective work today.

I listened to sudo's theme again-the only words I could almost make out sounded like bj and the bear-if that's the show, I admit to never watching it. I don't know what the reference to women drivers means either.

I will take a guess on the spin off though-Carter Country?

Hiway29,

Yep, BJ And The Bear. But what was the spinoff? Undoubtedly you wouldn't have watched THAT one either, huh? Guess not, so I have no choice but to tell all. AND.. a bit of a treat.. a VIDEO! Unless you have a really fast internet connection you'll probably have to let it load before it plays right. Click HERE! and tell me none of you guys watched this show!!

I've got a theory... all this fascination with Southern redneck started soon after the CB radio craze of the middle 70's. Heck, even *I* got a CB radio and learned to "ratchet jaw" on the thing. Then they came out with those Smokey And The Bandit movies and first thing you know we've got Boss Hog wannabes and General Lee clones all over the place :biglaugh: .

sudo

I can't play wmv on my mac, so I couldn't watch the video.

Somehow I avoided getting caught up in the redneck cb radio craze. I did listen to some radio guy called 'the trucking bozo', in the middle of the night while cleaning office buildings in ohio one year.

ok, I cheated and looked up the spinoff-I never watched that one either. I may have thought that was a Dukes of Hazzard spin off at the time-another show I never watched.

This is cute as it can be. I love it. I bet before it's all over I'll like that one I didn't like in the beginning.

But I had some in and out and throughout the ending. Did anyone else hear that?

I remember carrying nail polish in my purse, not for nails but for runs. :blink:

(oops) That was to Sushi.

Re:

"I've got a theory... all this fascination with Southern redneck started soon after the CB radio craze of the middle 70's. Heck, even *I* got a CB radio and learned to "ratchet jaw" on the thing. Then they came out with those Smokey And The Bandit movies and first thing you know we've got Boss Hog wannabes and General Lee clones all over the place"

Uh, Sudo, I think this might have been a peculiarly Southern phenomenon. I never noticed any such gravitation towards Southern Redneck sensibliities in my neighborhood. Even CB radio was referred to as "Chicken Band" amongst the folks I knew.

There was a pronounced shifting of musical tastes towards the C&W end of the spectrum about this time, though. A trend which I rue to this day. Gawd, that stuff is awful...

Re:

"I've got a theory... all this fascination with Southern redneck started soon after the CB radio craze of the middle 70's. Heck, even *I* got a CB radio and learned to "ratchet jaw" on the thing. Then they came out with those Smokey And The Bandit movies and first thing you know we've got Boss Hog wannabes and General Lee clones all over the place"

Uh, Sudo, I think this might have been a peculiarly Southern phenomenon. I never noticed any such gravitation towards Southern Redneck sensibliities in my neighborhood. Even CB radio was referred to as "Chicken Band" amongst the folks I knew.

There was a pronounced shifting of musical tastes towards the C&W end of the spectrum about this time, though. A trend which I rue to this day. Gawd, that stuff is awful...

ha ha ha ha I swear I've been serious in the way forum (gawd forbid...what is up with me!) and then I came here and I could actually hear your voice saying....uh sudo man, you think maybe....hmmm perhaps....it could have been your area....ha ha ha ha ha

Edited by ChattyKathy