GreaseSpot Cafe

Rock of Ages 2025

frank123lol

2 hours ago, Nathan_Jr said:

"Good fun, good food, good fellowship, and GREAT Word!"

Is GREAT Word TWI's answer to Loy's HOT Bible?

I don't have the intestinal fortitude to watch this right now - and most likely ever.  Any word on how The Young Adult Rock 2024 went?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Charity said:

I don't have the intestinal fortitude to watch this right now - and most likely ever.  Any word on how The Young Adult Rock 2024 went?

No idea, but I suspect it was a tremendous demonstration of desperate clutching and clinging to beleef.

5 hours ago, Charity said:

It's not so much cringe worthy as an attempt to invoke nostalgia by way of using VERY OLD way music.

7 hours ago, Nathan_Jr said:

"Good fun, good food, good fellowship, and GREAT Word!"

Is GREAT Word TWI's answer to Loy's HOT Bible?

Thanks Nathan for posting that YT vid.

I feel sorry for the people who committed a year (or however much time) to this latest iteration of the way ambassador outreach program. Old wine skins, as the bible says.

3 hours ago, Junior Corps Surviver said:

They don't own that music. Just saying. That's a Takit record.  

Is anyone likely to sue them for using it? Btw, it sounded more like Good Seed to me. I'm an old guy, I could be wrong.

Edited by Rocky

The question is - will they bring back the shower tent?

If you weren’t there picture a tent with hundreds of naked men or women all out in the open with no curtains showering off like cattle. I was a teenager and it was mortifying.

Let’s not forget the drugs and orgies in tent city and LCM ranting for hours under the big top.

Remember when the WOWs got cancelled for being “infested with homos”? Maybe they will bring back LCM to see if the new ambassadors pass his “homo sniff test.”

Any other Rock of Ages nostalgia? It’s fun to reminisce. 

Their beliefs are too weird to attract any new people in large numbers so they turn to the good ol’ days and hope people will come back.

Ironically, I had made peace with the way and never thought about it until I got one of those post cards which brought me back into looking at this site and revisiting how screwed up it all was.

what a sad bunch of whack jobs.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2024 at 11:47 PM, Anders1133 said:

The question is - will they bring back the shower tent?

If you weren’t there picture a tent with hundreds of naked men or women all out in the open with no curtains showering off like cattle. I was a teenager and it was mortifying.

Let’s not forget the drugs and orgies in tent city and LCM ranting for hours under the big top.

Remember when the WOWs got cancelled for being “infested with homos”? Maybe they will bring back LCM to see if the new ambassadors pass his “homo sniff test.”

Any other Rock of Ages nostalgia? It’s fun to reminisce. 

Their beliefs are too weird to attract any new people in large numbers so they turn to the good ol’ days and hope people will come back.

Ironically, I had made peace with the way and never thought about it until I got one of those post cards which brought me back into looking at this site and revisiting how screwed up it all was.

what a sad bunch of whack jobs.

The burgers were good. That's because Doc came up with the idea for McDonald's. 

The showers were traumatizing for teenagers. Completely ridiculous.