GreaseSpot Cafe

Name the Actor or Actress Who Made these Familiar Movie Lines

Long ago, when I was a young man, my father said to me, "Norman, you like to write stories." And I said "Yes, I do." Then he said, "Someday, when you're ready you might tell our family story. Only then will you understand what happened and why."

If I'm walking into a shet [Some Hint Included There] storm I wanna know which way the wind's blowing.

I, Hatchet Jack, being of sound mind and broke legs, do leaveth my bear rifle to whatever finds it. Lord, I hope it be a white man. It is a good rifle, and kilt the bear that kilt me. Anyway, I am dead. Yours truly, Hatchet Jack.

Pick me out a winner Bobby.

Edited by Human without the bean

"All battles are fought by scared men who would rather be some place else."

"Well, it's not how you're buried. It's how you're remembered."

""I don’t know much about the law. Ain’t had much book learning. But the good Lord gave me a nose for smelling a horse thief a mile off. And what you need in these parts is a marshal that’s better at smelling than spelling."

"All battles are fought by scared men who would rather be some place else."

"Well, it's not how you're buried. It's how you're remembered."

""I don’t know much about the law. Ain’t had much book learning. But the good Lord gave me a nose for smelling a horse thief a mile off. And what you need in these parts is a marshal that’s better at smelling than spelling."

"I'm not gonna hit you. I'm not gonna hit you.  The hell I won't!"

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

A man can be an artist... in anything, food, whatever. It depends on how good he is at it. Creasy's art is death. He's about to paint his masterpiece.

You know something, the whole thing, it's right here. I love this f*ckin' place. I know that sounds crazy. If anything happens, Mike, don't leave, don't leave me over there. You got, you gotta, hey, just don't leave me. You gotta promise me that, Mike. No, man, you gotta, you gotta promise, definitely.

Sack, I've always liked you. So I put up with your stories about scallops and otters, and it's all good because you seem to make her happy and that's what matters to me most. But this is *her* decision.

8 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

I don't recognize any of those.

George

I'm going to add another one which I forgot I wanted to.

A man can be an artist... in anything, food, whatever. It depends on how good he is at it. Creasy's art is death. He's about to paint his masterpiece.

You know something, the whole thing, it's right here. I love this f*ckin' place. I know that sounds crazy. If anything happens, Mike, don't leave, don't leave me over there. You got, you gotta, hey, just don't leave me. You gotta promise me that, Mike. No, man, you gotta, you gotta promise, definitely.

Sack, I've always liked you. So I put up with your stories about scallops and otters, and it's all good because you seem to make her happy and that's what matters to me most. But this is *her* decision.

This watch. This watch was on your daddy’s wrist when he was shot down over Hanoi. He was captured, put in a Vietnamese prison camp. He knew if the gooks ever saw the watch it’d be confiscated, taken away. The way your dad looked at it, that watch was your birthright

"I've got a fever! And the only cure is more cowbell!"  I think you should have gone with that one for CHRISTOPHER WALKEN.

For those people who don't know he's a trained song-and-dance man, I recommend going on to YouTube and watching

Fatboy Slim's official video for the song "Weapon of Choice."

On 10/4/2024 at 9:58 PM, WordWolf said:

I think you should have gone with that one for CHRISTOPHER WALKEN.

I would have used it, but it wasn't from a line or a quote from a movie.  Christopher Walken does usually throw in a dance skit whether scripted or not into most of his films or guest appearances.  I read he likes his privacy.  He lives out in the country in Wilton, Connecticut.  His wife lives in an New York apartment.  He says the only people he sees are the garbage men.  He doesn't use a computer or own a cell phone either.  And, something else I did not know about him he has two different colored eyes or heterochromia, a blue eye and the other hazel.