GreaseSpot Cafe

Name the Actor or Actress Who Made these Familiar Movie Lines

On 10/6/2024 at 4:38 AM, Human without the bean said:

I would have used it, but it wasn't from a line or a quote from a movie.  Christopher Walken does usually throw in a dance skit whether scripted or not into most of his films or guest appearances.  I read he likes his privacy.  He lives out in the country in Wilton, Connecticut.  His wife lives in an New York apartment.  He says the only people he sees are the garbage men.  He doesn't use a computer or own a cell phone either.  And, something else I did not know about him he has two different colored eyes or heterochromia, a blue eye and the other hazel.

For the purpose of this thread, I think we should rule TV quotes are acceptable as long as they are FAMOUS quotes. The cowbell one is probably the most-quoted Walken quote out there.  Can I get an "amen" on that ruling? Anyone?

"You tell everybody. Listen to me Hatcher! You've gotta tell 'em! SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE! We gotta stop them! Somehow!"

"Take your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape!"

"Thus sayeth the Lord God of Israel: "Let my people go!" "

Edited by WordWolf

Charlton Heston (Soylent Green, Planet of the Apes, The Ten Commandments)

"You're not too smart, are you?  I like that in a man."

"I'm not really bad.  I'm just drawn that way."

"Because. When I watch you eat. When I see you asleep. When I look at you lately, I just want to smash your face in."

George

3 hours ago, Human without the bean said:

I thought WordWolf already posted the correct answer, did I not see that?   Now I can't seem to find it?

Oh well, I don't have the same answer, is it Kathleen Turner?

I don't see an answer from WW here.  Anyway, Kathleen Turner is correct (Body Heat, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, War of the Roses).

George

11 hours ago, Human without the bean said:

I thought WordWolf already posted the correct answer, did I not see that?   Now I can't seem to find it?

Oh well, I don't have the same answer, is it Kathleen Turner?

I have no memory of posting a guess. I also didn't know the answer.

On 10/14/2024 at 11:49 AM, Human without the bean said:

I thought WordWolf already posted the correct answer, did I not see that?

On 10/14/2024 at 3:06 PM, GeorgeStGeorge said:

I don't see an answer from WW here.  Anyway, Kathleen Turner is correct (Body Heat, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, War of the Roses).

George

19 hours ago, WordWolf said:

I have no memory of posting a guess. I also didn't know the answer.

I must have mistakenly thought I saw something about Roger Rabbit, which is one of the clues.

So I'm up.  I'll put something up soon.

On 10/11/2024 at 10:00 AM, WordWolf said:

For the purpose of this thread, I think we should rule TV quotes are acceptable as long as they are FAMOUS quotes.  Can I get an "amen" on that ruling? Anyone?

Absolutely then.  Let's include those.

5 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

I think it's funny that Walken's most recognized line was from a Saturday Night skit.

George

That's how it goes sometimes. One guy was a respectable journalist for years, but nobody remembered him. Then, one day, he reported on a protest somewhere, and quote one protester named "Heywood Jablome", and then suddenly everybody was talking about him the next day.  (I remember hearing this when The Daily Show reported on the protest.)

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/hooray-for-heywood/

"I do what I do best, I take scores.  You do what you do best, try to stop guys like me"

"I have nibbles Greg, could you milk me?"

"I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut".

And one of my personal favorites from the actor:

"Looks like I'm walking"

Edited by Human without the bean

On 10/19/2024 at 3:37 AM, WordWolf said:

but I think the 2nd quote is ROBERT DE NIRO

Well, which is it, do you think or do you know WordWolf?  Yes, of course that's him.

Last scene from the movie "Midnight Run" when De niro lets the accountant played by Charles Grodin go after catching him for a bounty.

6 hours ago, Raf said:

Oh, the first one was from Heat.

Love that movie

Indeed.  The quirky 'can you milk me' is from "Meet the Fockers".   Next line is when the young Henry Hill gets pinched in "Goodfellas" then of course, "Midnight Run".  YOU'RE UP!!!  Just kidding.   WordWolf got it.