GreaseSpot Cafe

Name the Actor or Actress Who Made these Familiar Movie Lines

This could be fun.  This will start by giving "quotes" of some movie lines that the actors or actresses made in different movies.  Three lines should be enough.  If not recognized then, more movie lines could be given.  Obviously, this thread would mean you have to be a fan of the actor or actress in question to appreciate their work.  So the lines don't necessarily have to be easy, but a better experience I feel it would be if they were familiar lines.  This thread will take more time to come up with ideas.  I don't expect it to take right off.  But it might take off after a while.  I'll start.

"We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion".

"You're not perfect, sport, and let me save you the suspense: this girl you've met, she's not perfect either. But the question is whether or not you're perfect for each other".

"Look at this! My first day as a woman and I'm getting hot flashes.

I don't know the second quote, but the first is John Keating in "Dead Poets Society", a favorite of mine.  The third was "Mrs Doubtfire" from the movie of the same name.

Those were both played by ROBIN WILLIAMS.  

If I'm correct, give me time to post a new one.

"Attica!  Attica!"

"What I try to tell you? This country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the woman. "

"Vanity- definitely my favorite sin."

Classic Al Pacino  I think I'll go then, especially after "The Devil's Advocate" quote.

"It's supposed to be hard.  If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it.  The hard.....is what makes it great".

"These are the simple rules:  No barking, no growling, you will not lift your leg to anything in this house.  This is not your room".       

"All my life I've been waiting for someone, and when I find her, she's ... she's a fish".

"It's that every now and again, --not often, but occasionally--you get to be a part of justice being done.  That really is quite a thrill when that happens".                

On 8/15/2024 at 7:46 PM, Human without the bean said:

Classic Al Pacino  I think I'll go then, especially after "The Devil's Advocate" quote.

"It's supposed to be hard.  If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it.  The hard.....is what makes it great".

"These are the simple rules:  No barking, no growling, you will not lift your leg to anything in this house.  This is not your room".       

"All my life I've been waiting for someone, and when I find her, she's ... she's a fish".

"It's that every now and again, --not often, but occasionally--you get to be a part of justice being done.  That really is quite a thrill when that happens".                

I think these are very good clues.  The first three quotes are from earlier in this actor's career with some of his more famous movies.  The last quote is from a movie he landed an Oscar for Best Actor.  Shouldn't have had to give up such a big clue but this post has been up here now for 5 days.

On 8/15/2024 at 11:46 PM, Human without the bean said:

I don't know the first one.

The third one isn't from "The Incredible Mr Limpet", so it MUST be from "SPLASH."

The last one sounds like it might be from "Philadelphia."

If so, the second quote might be from 'Turner and Hooch."

With no idea on the first one, that still gives me  TOM HANKS.

9 hours ago, WordWolf said:

With no idea on the first one, that still gives me  TOM HANKS.

Yes.  The first quote is from "A League of Their Own" and you got all the other quotes right too WordWolf.  It isn't necessary to come up with all the movies but it's okay if you do to.   You are up.

2 hours ago, Human without the bean said:

Yes.  The first quote is from "A League of Their Own" and you got all the other quotes right too WordWolf.  It isn't necessary to come up with all the movies but it's okay if you do to.   You are up.

Since George didn't recognize them, and the thread is young, I thought I'd enable some "help files."  Give me a bit of time on this.

• Like 1

"I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse."

"We have known each other many years, but this is the first time you've come to me for counsel or for help. I can't remember the last time you invited me to your house for a cup of coffee, even though my wife is godmother to your only child."

"You don't understand. I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am, let's face it."

Brando.

"Go ahead, make my day."

“I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?”

"Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have f****ed with? That's me."

George

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Raf said:

Dang. Was hoping to finally jump into this thread. Maybe next time.

I won't have something for a while so you're welcome to take my spot Raf, if you want it.

Edited by Human without the bean

"Jesus was my son. Buddha was my son. Mohammed. Moses. You. The man who said there was no room in the inn, was my Son. And so is the one who charges eleven dollars for a steak."

"Wake up, Al. The cops just called us a bunch of amateurs. I suppose we gotta' knock off a bank every other week in order to get some respect from those jerks."

"Grandpa, I just want to say that when I'm your age, I hope I'm half as lively as you are."
"Don't look to the future, kid. You're half as lively now."

I didn't recognize any of those quotes.  But it seemed to be an old man who played God, so it was a good guess.

"Tell me something, my friend, have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?"

"Here's Johnny!"

"The Truth?  You can't handle the truth!"

George