GreaseSpot Cafe

Goodbye

for the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead

1 hour ago, cman said:

for the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead

Sorry. I'm just not seeing the connection.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2024 at 1:58 PM, Rocky said:

A man sees/hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest...

Thanks for sharing such a great song Rocky.  Here's a short clip about how a big part of the production came to be.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2024 at 5:12 PM, cman said:

depends on what you are looking to see

What I see is someone who is spewing psycho babble that refuses to be pinned down as to what is the meaning of his statement. This is so typical of Christians who hate to be challenged for their beliefs. They just cannot accept the fact someone would disagree with their beliefs and just  leave it at that. No..they keep ranting about stuff that is not at all relevant to the conversation. 

• Like 1

You moved the goalposts.

Either this says Christians typically rant about stuff that's irrelevant to the discussion...

Or

Christians who hate to be challenged typically rant about stuff that's irrelevant...

Neither statement is accurate. In both cases it's far more typical for Christians to affirm what they believe and, in other cases, critique the beliefs they do not hold.

It is not typical for them to say "Oh well, only sharks swim at midnight" or other meaningless drivel.

Mark S almost never does that. He states what he believes and cites scriptural support for his position.

Oldiesman never does that. He asks genuine questions and seems to care about the answers, if only to understand the opposing point of view he has no intention of joining.

WordWolf never does that. He pretty much ignores the atheist threads and would appear to appreciate it if atheists would not hijack the doctrinal threads.

They have plenty of answers to what atheists have said. Atheists just don't accept them.

I did. I also let it stand and didn't move it or edit it or delete it or nothing. 
I also didn't extrapolate from it to make a point about all Christians without exception or all Christians within a certain category.

Some Christians? Certainly. Here's an example.

1 hour ago, Raf said:

I did. I also let it stand and didn't move it or edit it or delete it or nothing. 
I also didn't extrapolate from it to make a point about all Christians without exception or all Christians within a certain category.

Some Christians? Certainly. Here's an example.

You didn’t have to extrapolate on it because no one furthered the conversation until i did.

4 hours ago, Stayed Too Long said:

You didn’t have to extrapolate on it because no one furthered the conversation until i did.

But I take issue with the point you made. I do not believe it is accurate about any more than a few people. 

I guess I just would have phrased it differently. 

On 6/11/2024 at 4:16 PM, Stayed Too Long said:

What I see is someone who is spewing psycho babble that refuses to be pinned down as to what is the meaning of his statement. This is so typical of Christians who hate to be challenged for their beliefs. They just cannot accept the fact someone would disagree with their beliefs and just  leave it at that. No..they keep ranting about stuff that is not at all relevant to the conversation. 

sometimes.. psycho babble is the best that we have in this life..

as the world turns, the happier times are when I remind myself that it all is not really relevant at all.  Generally.  In ten thousand years, the massive rock will still block the newest highway development, unless they can come up with enough dynamite, or blasting powder.

On 6/7/2024 at 7:12 PM, cman said:

depends on what you are looking to see

generally it is only what you want.  Old Beatles song.. trying to remember.  I am proud to babble along.

On 6/10/2024 at 12:18 PM, Charity said:

Thanks for sharing such a great song Rocky.  Here's a short clip about how a big part of the production came to be.

I wonder if that is Edie at the bottom left..