GreaseSpot Cafe

Trivia about Movies, TV, Music, or anything to do with anything.

On 8/18/2024 at 4:50 PM, GeorgeStGeorge said:

No.  Maybe this will make it a LITTLE easier:

Alex Rodriguez (in 2003 with the Rangers) and Andre Dawson (in 1987 with the Cubs) won baseball MVP awards.  What was unusual about those two wins?

George

It would be like Frank Thomas (not "The Big Hurt") winning the 1962 MVP while playing for the Mets.

George

Not the same year.

Alex Rodriguez (in 2003 with the Rangers) and Andre Dawson (in 1987 with the Cubs) won baseball MVP awards.  What was unusual about those two wins?

Neither team went to the World Series (in those years).

George

Think about my hint (1962 Mets).

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Since you're the only one trying, I'll tell you:

They were the only two MVPs to win while playing for last-place teams.  MVPs are usually on contenders.

FREE POST

George

WOW !!!  That could never happen again, not the way the game is played today. 

Edited by Human without the bean

I was wrong thinking then that, this was fairly common trivia but the first and only Grammy Award for Best Disco Record was ~Gloria Gaynor~  I Will Survive.  Maybe it is fairly common just with you guys, it wasn't something you knew.

If I come up with anything I'll post it, or, if anyone has something go ahead.

• 2 weeks later...

If I recall Burt Reynolds absolutely hated the movie Boogie Nights. His agent thought it would be a good mid-career move for him to make if he take the role and it would help boost his celebrity, which it did.  Upon release of the film he fired his agent.  Reynolds clashed with the young director Paul Thomas Anderson whom he thought was a young arrogant pri*k and didn't take too well to Anderson's direction.  He himself never watched the movie.  Talk was that it was Burt Reynolds distancing himself from Boogie Nights that cost him the Oscar.  He was the front runner to win.

Now it looks like I've got to come up with something.  Just as soon as I can.

Edited by Human without the bean