GreaseSpot Cafe

Trivia about Movies, TV, Music, or anything to do with anything.

20 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Make it the official state song?

George

They were thinking of making it the official state song.

Robert Wuhl had some fun mulling that over, considering the lyrics.

"In the day, we sweat it out on the streets
Of a runaway American dream
At night, we ride through mansions of glory
In suicide machines." 

He talked about how few anthems contained the word "suicide."

"*hums La Marseillaise*  su-i-cide..."

More presidential trivia.

We know that Lincoln was the tallest President (6'4") and that Taft was the heaviest (topping out at 325 lb, but a svelte 280 at the end of his term).

One of our Presidents was both the shortest and the lightest.  Who was he?  Can you guess his height and weight?

George

I know Ulysses S. Grant wasn't that big a dude, but I know neither his height nor weight.

(It's the reason he didn't have to drink much to get buzzed, which helped fuel rumors he was a boozer.)

4 hours ago, Human without the bean said:

I've heard it before, somewhere, but now I'm only guessing.  I'm going to guess James Madison and somewhere between 96 lbs and 103.

You are correct!  Madison was 5'4" and topped out at 100 lbs.

George

Alright here's something just for the holidays. (Independence Day)  American's eat more hot dogs than anywhere else in the world.  We are estimated to eat 20 billion hot dogs every year. (I know, I have two boys who can eat their fair share of that number)  That averages to about 70 hot dogs per American a year.  So, can anyone guess, and I'll even spot you if you come within 30 million, how many hot dogs do Americans eat on July 4 to win this round?  

Hot dog eating contestants eat 40-70 hot dogs, but I can't see the average American eating ten.  (A lot of Americans won't be eating any.)  I'd guess the average is closer to two, making it about 600 million.

George

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Okay 150 million.  Is that within 30 million?

George

Yes, that's it exactly.  I can see why you guessed so high George, and WordWolf.  I thought this number would have been higher too.  But, as a nation 20 billion hotdogs in the USA per year.  That's just crazy.

You're up George.

Edited by Human without the bean