GreaseSpot Cafe

Movie Mash-Up

1 hour ago, Raf said:

Why not just post the script?

Independence Day

It was getting there.

Yes, of course, Independence Day.  The salt flats scene was when Will Smith drags the unconscious alien.  I always assumed his comment about the smell referred to the alien, but it was just Smith reacting to the environment.  :mooner:

George

2 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

See the movie.  Very entertaining.

George

I've boycotted everything that has Will Smith in it, and probably will never watch anything with him in it again.  Don't care for the guy who blew up at The Oscars and showed the world what his true colors are.  I think I've interpreted correctly that Raf had the correct answer with Independence Day, haven't I ??

*checks his clock*  *compares the time zones*  

Hey, it's Tuesday morning. Free Post!

This is a good chance for a new player, or an occasional player, to take a turn,

posting some things about a movie that people could reasonably expect to remind them of the movie and get them to the answer. 

• 2 weeks later...

This biopic about a singer had the lead role offered to Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Cruise, Bruce Willis, and Johnny Depp. None of them would likely have done their own singing, but the actor who finally got the part did (and quite well, IMHO).

The movie is also a love story.  The actual couple were only a few years apart in age, but the actors were over 20 years apart.

George

Hm. Well, I thought that was the answer.  

Since that wasn't it, I'm not going to play coy.

Based on the clues, and it NOT being "Walk the Line," I'm going with

"GREAT BALLS OF FIRE."

The story of Jerry Lee Lewis.

Still not it.

This biopic about a singer had the lead role offered to Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Cruise, Bruce Willis, and Johnny Depp. None of them would likely have done their own singing, but the actor who finally got the part did (and quite well, IMHO).

The movie is also a love story.  The actual couple were only a few years apart in age, but the actors were over 20 years apart.

The actor playing the lead was actually a few years older than the actual singer was when he died.

The singer's crush/girlfriend/wife was a famous movie star.  She died of kidney cancer two months after the movie was released.  Drew Barrymore was considered for the role, but it went to Kate Bosworth.

George

The actor playing the lead was actually a few years older than the actual singer was when he died.

The singer's crush/girlfriend/wife was a famous movie star.  She died of kidney cancer two months after the movie was released.  Drew Barrymore was considered for the role, but it went to Kate Bosworth.

The title of the movie is part of the title of one of the singer's biggest hits.

George

• 2 weeks later...

The title of the movie is part of the title of one of the singer's biggest hits.

The star has been accused of several incidents of sexual misconduct, but in every case (so far), charges have been dropped or he has been acquitted.

George

The star (Kevin Spacey) has been accused of several incidents of sexual misconduct, but in every case (so far), charges have been dropped or he has been acquitted.

George

Sorry, but I'm not placing anything, especially Kevin Spacey playing a singer. (Even though I know he does sing quite well.)  Wait a minute.  I might have jogged my memory just now.  Didn't he do a movie called The Eddie Fisher Story or something like it?

Edited by Human without the bean