GreaseSpot Cafe

Leader-Servants..

Ham

or is that "player-coaches".. weird term..

but why do they sit at the "head table"?

You know.. some "cute" corps volunteer pouring water, serving meal less than the substandard sustenance (i.e. *mystery meat* like I consumed at one advanced class *special*)..

It's amazing that they taught that the greatest leader was the greatest servant as they themselves were waited on hand and foot...they claimed that it was out of "respect for for the word" or some such nonsense that they lived like kings.

...all part of the scam.

Edited by GrouchoMarxJr

Is leader/servant unique to Spirit and Truth Fellowship International? of was it expressed in the way international's definition of "doulos"? and then STFI simply enunciate it?....oh my, I've gone crosseyed.... :biglaugh:

Ha!

It was *revealed* to the Forehead.. as long back as the.. can't remember the spelling..

the little book to a "collegue* at at chosen time.. festschrift or something..

about 1985 or so.. can't remember. I used to have the book..

Is leader/servant unique to Spirit and Truth Fellowship International? of was it expressed in the way international's definition of "doulos"? and then STFI simply enunciate it?....oh my, I've gone crosseyed.... :biglaugh:

Shucks. Anyone with any sense of "spiritual perception and awareness"

would know that a leader was automatically a servant, because of their position as leader. cool.gif

CES learned well from those that taught them. Bring your checkbook, and make sure your pen works.

(Oh - - and make sure you have funds in your bank account that are easily transferable.) spy.gif

I did a teaching at one of CES' Chicago meetings, I think it was about 1990, primarily based on Luke 22:24-27 and Hebrews 13:7. John Lynn had me redo the teaching on one of their monthly tapes. I was moved by Jesus' rejection of pyramidal hierarchies with power flowing from the top to the bottom, like we had experienced in TWI. John, John and Mark seemed to pick up on the leader-as-servant idea for awhile, but it was totally wiped away by the Momentus tsunami.

I've been working on a bachelor of science in Organizational Leadership, finishing a degree that I originally started 43 years ago. Our cohort did a Leadership Seminar module back in January, and one of the texts we used was a 60 page essay called The Servant as Leader by Robert K. Greenleaf. Greenleaf was one of the prominent business gurus of the mid-to-late 20th century, and his pamphlet was originally published in 1970 (the same year I dropped out of college and joined the Navy). I think Greenleaf drew his inspiration from Luke 22:24-27, but his essay was not an exposition of scripture. It was about how various leaders down through history have exercized leadership, and how those who have viewed their function as serving their constituents (or "stakeholders" according to the current fashion) have achieved better results than those view their function as lording it over their followers (as we all saw with TWI).

It's very interesting to see how the idea has traveled around.

Love,

Steve

Yep Do as I say not as I do.

The BOT/BOD "serve".........by serving the people the Word of God.

All other leaders must serve tables, string chairs, usher at meetings, set up bookstore tables, nanny-sit the "leaders' kids, etc......AND find time to prepare teachings and serve others the Word in his twig/branch.

:asdf:

Edited by skyrider

To those still in...

when did you last see Rosalie wash someone's feet - anyone's, not even a lowly twiggie, what about a Trustee?

When has she helped you with your work tasks (eg hauling in the fishing net - for work, not pleasure). Doe she even know how to work the dishwasher or the lawnmower?

Or even...

When has she stayed up all night to pray with you?

When has she worked or walked alongside you, expounding the scriptures? Did your heart burn within you?

When has she visited you when you were not feeling too good, blessed you, and prayed for your healing?

Ever to your knowledge prayed for you as an individual?

How about the other HQ hotshots? Any of them help?

My Corps Coords would come alongside; I know they got stuck in and did things with the in rez Corps.

And Rev Al@n Brown was a ready volunteer for extra work, as well, in RoA set-up.

Other Revs weren't, never saw 'em. Probably spending time mowing their office carpets or putting their paperclips in decent order, or some such.