GreaseSpot Cafe

Easy Movie Quotes

It's been mentioned by a few people, a few places, almost as a signature line.

I still don't know the scene it appears in.

=====================

X-Factor (1st series) # 87

Story Title: X-aminations

As a result of the recent events surrounding the assassination attempt on Xavier, X-Factor’s government liaison, Val Cooper, has ordered them to attend counseling. The first, Rahne explains her dreams, where she is a character in a cartoon or movie, which the therapist interprets as her mind searching for a personal identity that she feels she does not have herself.

And once she fell asleep watching “Rain Man” on HBO, and it was a whole dream of her saying… “I’m an X-cellent mutant X-cellent mutant.”

Rain Man was an academy-award winning starring Tom Cruise and Dustin Hoffman, who played an autistic man. One thing Hoffman’s character said repeatedly was “I’m an excellent driver, an excellent driver,” which Rahne’s statement of “I’m an x-cellent mutant” is a takeoff.

=====================

"So let it be written; so let it be done!"

Having seen "Rain Man," that wasn't the line I would have picked as a giveaway

George

It's been mentioned by a few people, a few places, almost as a signature line.

I still don't know the scene it appears in.

Rain Man was an academy-award winning starring Tom Cruise and Dustin Hoffman, who played an autistic man. One thing Hoffman's character said repeatedly was "I'm an excellent driver, an excellent driver,"

=====================

No need to say anymore is there George? WordWolf said it.

My bad WordWolf. Sorry about that.

Now, shall we play on? yawn1.gif

"The Ten Commandments"

Why, this car is Auto-matic. Its System-matic. Its Hyyyyydro-matic!

George

This is just like you George. Taking off for the weekend but having occupied all of the threads.

I have no idea what this movie could be.

Edited by Human without the bean

"The Ten Commandments"

Why, this car is Auto-matic. Its System-matic. Its Hyyyyydro-matic!

George

The car is "Greased Lightning." The movie is "Grease."

Now known everywhere as "Grease." Formerly known as "Vaselina" in some

Spanish-speaking countries when it was released.

Pulp Fiction

That's just a guess. John Travolta with Samuel L Jackson riding in the car scene exchange conversation

about what's it's like in europe when he JT explains the little differences between the US and Europe.

One of those little differences in Holland was they put mayonnaise on french fries instead of ketchup.

If you're looking for a clue about this movie from me,

I am remaining silent.

I gather from the clue that, it is set in the post industrial period. The ain't "heard thing" implying that a lot of elements of that period were capable of making sound. Pre-industrial period things weren't moving so fast. No cars, freeways, railroads, or jack hammers making all that noise. This helps me eliminate about 30% of cinematic history. Rough estimate.

That is unless it's a war movie. War has an element of noise that is centuries old.

Hey, I think George would even approve of this one. laugh.gif

For a second I thought I was dead. But, when I heard all the noise, I knew they were cops. Only cops talk that way. If they'd been wiseguys, I wouldn't have heard a thing. I would've been dead.

For a second I thought I was dead. But, when I heard all the noise, I knew they were cops. Only cops talk that way. If they'd been wiseguys, I wouldn't have heard a thing. I would've been dead.

I thought that this would go fast. Sorry about that. The key I hoped that would give it away was the wiseguys thing.

This guy is narrating here, maybe I should have made that clear.

• modcat5 changed the title to Easy Movie Quotes