GreaseSpot Cafe

Easy Movie Quotes

6 hours ago, WordWolf said:

The first quote was from the memorable, often-quoted opening scene, with its memorable, often-quoted opening line. "Do you like scary movies?"   Human pointed out it could not be "Scary Movie" because I would have included the title in the quote, which isn't proper.  I agreed it was NOT "Scary Movie."

Since the movie was "Scream", I posted a clue. "AAAAAAHHHH!"  What did I just do?

I later pointed out I left a clue- and quoted it to make it easier to find.

Then George asked if it was "Scary Movie." I figured the ONE thing we'd established is that it was any movie BUT "Scary Movie" at this point.  I posted "AAAAAHH!" again, and repeated-and quoted-  that it STILL wasn't "Scary Movie."

Having posted the same clue again, I immediately commented that I'd reposted the same clue (in this case, a scream as a clue that the movie's name is "SCREAM.")

I'm not sure what Human thought he had right- that it WASN'T "Scary Movie"?  It also wasn't "Citizen Kane" or "Traxx."

Now Raf has to go.

I have never seen Scream.  (That's the one with the guy in the goofy white frown mask, right?)  I didn't realize it was a comedy.,

George

Scream is not a comedy. It's a whodunnit disguised as a self-aware horror movie.
The first movie and the first sequel are actually VERY good. I highly recommend them.

The rest are xerox copies with occasional moments of something resembling cleverness. Jay and Silent Bob have a cameo in Scream 3.

I'd be astonished if you could remember these lines. I'd be equally astonished if you couldn't name the movie anyway:

"I'm your one and only exspring. See, we got the same bulgy arms."
"No resemblance."
"We-we got the same squinky eye."
"What squinky eye?"
"That's going to be hard for you to see. Oh, we even got the same pipe, Pap."
"You idiot, you can't inherit a pipe!"

3 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Popeye. :anim-smile:

Much better movie than given credit for.  Shelly Duvall was excellent as Olive Oyl, and Williams made a great Popeye.

The exchange was between Popeye and his long-lost dad (Ray Walston).

George

"The Commodore" is known as Poopdeck Pappy.

I'll go let myself out, no need to get up....

18 hours ago, WordWolf said:

I'm not sure what Human thought he had right- that it WASN'T "Scary Movie"? 

Yes that is correct, I was jesting, merely pointed out that it was NOT "Scary Movie".

Edited by Human without the bean