GreaseSpot Cafe

Easy Movie Quotes

4 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

The Twilight Zone (?)

George

........Possibly, but I'm not sure.  It's not the one I'm looking for, and one movie is known for that line.  The line was not said face-to-face.

Actually, I think the Twilight Zone quote was, "Do you want to see something really scary?" but it might have been presaged with "Do you like scary movies?"  I'm not sure.  At any rate, it's not what you're looking for, so play on.

George

It's not 'Scary Movie" because that would be a game-violation but it's some kind of scary 'spoof' movie.

I'm not sure if it's technically a violation but it's a big no-no and defeats the purpose of the round. So, it is NOT 'Scary Movie'. That much was correct.

Let's see.  I'm not sure?

AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!    What do you mean, you're not sure?

"Do you like scary movies?"

"There are certain rules that one must abide by in order to successfully survive a horror movie. For instance, number one: you can never have sex."

"What's the point? They're all the same. Some stupid killer stalking some big-breasted girl who can't act who is always running up the stairs when she should be running out the front door. It's insulting."

"Everybody dies but us. We get to carry on and plan the sequel, 'cause—let's face it, baby—these days, you gotta have a sequel."

"You hear that, Stu? I think she wants a motive. Well, I don't really believe in motives Sid; I mean, did Norman Bates have a motive? Did we ever find out why Hannibal Lecter liked to eat people? Don't think so! See, it's a lot scarier when there's no motive."

"Don't go there, Sid; you're starting to sound like some Wes Carpenter flick."

"IF YOU HANG UP ON ME, YOU'LL DIE JUST LIKE YOUR MOTHER!; Do you wanna die, Sidney?!; Your mother sure didn't!"

COME ON!!!! DON'T MAKE RAF HAVE TO ANSWER THIS ONE!! 

18 hours ago, WordWolf said:

I even left you a big fat clue when you said you weren't sure!

On 10/12/2024 at 3:45 PM, WordWolf said:

I'm not sure if it's technically a violation but it's a big no-no and defeats the purpose of the round. So, it is NOT 'Scary Movie'. That much was correct.

AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!    What do you mean, you're not sure?

On 10/11/2024 at 3:08 PM, Human without the bean said:

It's not 'Scary Movie" because that would be a game-violation but it's some kind of scary 'spoof' movie.

Let's see.  I'm not sure?

On 10/12/2024 at 3:45 PM, WordWolf said:

AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!    What do you mean, you're not sure?

On 10/13/2024 at 8:46 AM, WordWolf said:

I even left you a big fat clue when you said you weren't sure!

20 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

Well, okay, is it "Scary Movie"?

George

12 hours ago, WordWolf said:

AAAAAAHHHH!!!

It is not "Scary Movie."  Scroll up.  "So, it is NOT 'Scary Movie.' "

12 hours ago, WordWolf said:

I wonder how many times I will have to repost the same clue this round.

12 hours ago, Human without the bean said:

Well I got that right, so does that mean I'm up?

The first quote was from the memorable, often-quoted opening scene, with its memorable, often-quoted opening line. "Do you like scary movies?"   Human pointed out it could not be "Scary Movie" because I would have included the title in the quote, which isn't proper.  I agreed it was NOT "Scary Movie."

Since the movie was "Scream", I posted a clue. "AAAAAAHHHH!"  What did I just do?

I later pointed out I left a clue- and quoted it to make it easier to find.

Then George asked if it was "Scary Movie." I figured the ONE thing we'd established is that it was any movie BUT "Scary Movie" at this point.  I posted "AAAAAHH!" again, and repeated-and quoted-  that it STILL wasn't "Scary Movie."

Having posted the same clue again, I immediately commented that I'd reposted the same clue (in this case, a scream as a clue that the movie's name is "SCREAM.")

I'm not sure what Human thought he had right- that it WASN'T "Scary Movie"?  It also wasn't "Citizen Kane" or "Traxx."

Now Raf has to go.