GreaseSpot Cafe

Easy Movie Quotes

"Oh, see, I made Louis a bet here. See, Louis bet me that we couldn't both get rich and put y'all in the poor house at the same time. He didn't think we could do it. I won."

"I lost.  One dollar."

“I attended Juilliard.  I’m a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I’ve seen The Exorcist about 167 times and it keeps getting funnier every single time I see it … Not to mention the fact that you’re talking to a dead guy …”

George

When Harry Met Sally

"Where does he get those wonderful toys?"

George

PS:  When I saw the star name Betelgeuse, I always thought it was pronounced something like "BAY-tel-gice.  It wasn't until Beetlejuice came out and i mentioned it to my boss, who then said, "What?  Like the star?"  :biglaugh:

I thought that too.  Then I saw the BBC miniseries of "the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" and that showed both the spelling and aired the pronunciation, since Ford was from Betelgeuse 7.

(In case there's confusion, you were correct.)

On 7/6/2024 at 10:33 AM, Human without the bean said:

"Grave danger"?   "Is there another kind"?

On 7/10/2024 at 10:02 AM, Human without the bean said:

Same movie, different line.

"So this is what the inside of a courtroom looks like !!!"

A third quote from the same movie.

"And the hits just keep on coming!"

17 hours ago, WordWolf said:

"A Few Good Men"???

That's it WordWolf.  I think "A Few Good Men" is one of the most quotable movies I've seen.  Almost any dialog between the principle actors would be quotable.    For the offering, the quote 

"Grave danger"?  "Is there another kind"  

is Nicholson and Cruise in cross examination during the infamous courtroom exchange.  And,

"So this is what the inside of a courtroom looks like"

was used by Lieutenant Kaffey who showed up in court for the first time to enter a plea of not guilty.  He's the best litigator who has successfully plea bargained 44 cases and never seen the inside of a courtroom.  "One more and I get a set off steak knives" 

"And the hits just keep on coming"

is again, Tom Cruise, when he learns Lieutenant Galloway (Demi Moore) will accompany him to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

Last quote

"I eat breakfast 300 yards away from 400 Cubans who are trained to kill me".........as so on....

is in Guantanamo Bay when Lieutenant Kaffey asks Col. Jessup for the transfer order and then Col. Jessup tears into Lieutenant Kaffey asking him " to stand there in that girly white uniform and with your Harvard mouth extend me some f^#k&*g courtesy. You gotta ask me nicely". 

Europe.

Edited by Human without the bean