GreaseSpot Cafe

Looking for a church/religion after twi

JavaJane

What do you look for? Do you look?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Did you go to church after twi?

• Yes
    • No
    • What, are you fracking kidding me? Heck, NO!!!
  2. 2. If you did, was it a good thing to do?

• Yes
    • No
    • Doesn't matter
  3. 3. Why go back?

• I'm NEVER going back. Chuches are complete crap!
    • My kids/family
    • Spiritual support
    • To learn the Bible without twi's twist on it
    • Social reasons

Many times I have thought (even in my twi days) that all religions must have truth to them, or people wouldn't be part of the religion. I have an uncle who is a Universalist (I used to think he was a part of Universal Artists - but that is another story) - I like their ideas, but since I was raised in basically a Christian household (except for a little detour into Wicca my Mom took a long time ago) I think I will stick with the basic Christian churches.

It's too bad that so many religions have no tolerance for any other belief system than the one they ascribe to. I can't imagine that God would leave everyone else out there high and dry - especially when the basic beliefs of so many religions are so similar. (I know I am being over simplistic here)...

It would be nice to find a church that respects the right of others to choose what they want to believe - if not respect that God loves these other people, too.

Guess I have come a little ways since my twi days - look how open minded I have become!!! :biglaugh: I actually believe in freedom of worship!

It's too bad that so many religions have no tolerance for any other belief system than the one they ascribe to. I can't imagine that God would leave everyone else out there high and dry - especially when the basic beliefs of so many religions are so similar.

Yeah, sounds a lot like "christianity" or a lot of them anyway.

Many times I have thought (even in my twi days) that all religions must have truth to them, or people wouldn't be part of the religion. I have an uncle who is a Universalist (I used to think he was a part of Universal Artists - but that is another story) - I like their ideas, but since I was raised in basically a Christian household (except for a little detour into Wicca my Mom took a long time ago) I think I will stick with the basic Christian churches.

It's too bad that so many religions have no tolerance for any other belief system than the one they ascribe to. I can't imagine that God would leave everyone else out there high and dry - especially when the basic beliefs of so many religions are so similar. (I know I am being over simplistic here)...

It would be nice to find a church that respects the right of others to choose what they want to believe - if not respect that God loves these other people, too.

Guess I have come a little ways since my twi days - look how open minded I have become!!! :biglaugh: I actually believe in freedom of worship!

Heehee--you're on TWI's Mark and avoid list for sure, now!

From what I've seen the more liberal mainstream churches like Episcopal are most likely to be open toward other ideas but churches don't have the lockstep doctrine attitude of TWI. Even the Methodist church we went to would have a wide variety of thoughts on issues in the adult Sunday school, and no one was reprooved for their different ideas. Far more freedom of thought allowed.

And freedom of THOUGHT (or even being allowed TO THINK for oneself) is what I am looking for... Anything too constricting is just too reminiscent of twi days - and I can't take that at ALL anymore.

Somewhere I could blend in a little bit would be nice, too. I always seem to stand out in a church setting... A large denomination might be a good choice for me because there are plenty of different kinds of people in a larger church.