GreaseSpot Cafe

A flawless Twilight Zone episode

RumRunner

Oh my what a treasure of a link! All these great Twilight Zone episodes. I have been thinking of this particular episode lately. Now I can see these instantly instead of hunting for my favorites on NetFlix! The TW-Zone had some extremely innovative episodes. They had some clunkers but for the most part they were just great.

I also have a special liking for the one where three astronauts become stranded on a planet of little itty bitty people. One of the astronauts has become completely facinated with the power he has over the little people and spends his days enjoying torturing them, having them build a huge idol in his image, making them worship him as their god. The other astronauts are appalled. The spaceship is finally fixed but this one guy refuses to leave with the other two, instead wanting to remain on this planet to control these itty bitty people. The astronauts cannot talk him out of it and leave him. Well, the ending is FANTASTIC! I don't want to spoil it, (even though it's probably 45 years old by now!) but what a message that left!

Edited by RottieGrrrl