GreaseSpot Cafe

News Media and lack of coverage

ex70sHouston

I love the media. If there is a fire near a city where they can see smoke its national news. The fire in NC yesterday was national news. Less than 1000 acres

Sunday there was a fire in the west part of Kerr Co. Tx. 4000 ac.s burned and you can't find a mention anywhere. Jan 31st we got all the way to San Antonio because one fire closed I10.

In the last 2 weeks we have had over 10,000 acres burn with no mention.

Maybe we need Britney being high again.

I'm sorry we just are getting scared because its so dry. Last summer it just rained and rained. Now everything is burning.

Actually Ron, the real reason why the Alabama tornadoes were the ONLY ones covered, is because the Weather Channel is taking kickbacks from the Alabama legislature to give 'Bama tornadoes _exclusive_ coverage. And apparently the Arkansas legislature wasn't willing to do that.

Gotta grease them palms, dude. :spy:

Sshhhhh, .... don't tell anyone you heard it here. shhh.gif

I didn't know anything about that, Garth. During the storms, I lost my electricity, so I had no way of watching news until the next night (and I had to drive to Marshall to do that). I switched back and forth from CNN to Fox to Headline News and I saw a lot of coverage of Tennessee, a little on Atkins, Arkansas and a little on Alabama....none whatsoever on Kentucky, although I understand they got hit, too.

I'm between two towns that got torn up pretty badly...Mountain View and Clinton. The storm in Mt. View had particularly spectacular photo ops since there was a Chevy dealership across from the hospital, and the cars were all tossed like cordwood into the emergency room and onto the roof of the hospital. It looked like it had rained new Chevy's on the hospital. Fortunately, no one was hurt in that, but in another part of town, there was one fatality.

At about 11:30 PM that night, we heard what sounded like a 747 rumbling over our house and changing to a high pitched scream. Evidently one went directly over my house, but never touched down.

Did you have any excitement where you live in 'Bama?

I dunno about everyone else, but I'm ready for summer. It's raining ice outside, right now.

Well a couple of tornadoes went through NW of here in a NE direction. Not much damage in Huntsville proper, but the outer northern areas were hit intermittently, and there was this one area N-NE of here that got it pretty bad.