GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

"This is the only book I've ever read in my whole life, and you're not going to put it on that fire!"

[Correction: I just watched the "Fire!" scene again, and he only says it five times].

"I don't know if I ever told you this before, but I think you're just about the keenest girl in the whole school!"
"Oh, really, Skip? The keenest?"

"This place gives me the creeps! Did you know that the books are blank?"
"What?"
"Yeah, I was in the library and I looked, and they have covers and there's nothing inside of them."
"What were you doing in a library?"
"I got lost. Oh, wait. Look at this. Do you know why the firemen only rescue cats out of trees? It's because nothing burns around here."

"Put that away!"

"They don't even need firemen."

Is this one really that tough?

"And I still don't see why we're doing this!"
"Because we're supposed to be in school."
"We're supposed to be at home, David. We're supposed to be in color!"

It is neither.

"Hiya, Bud!"
"Hiya, Skip!"
"Hiya, Bud!"
"Hiya, Skip!"
"Bud, can I ask you a question?"
"Sure."
"Well, if I was to go up to your sister... What I mean is, if I was to go up to Mary Sue..."
"Oh my God... are we in that episode?"

In Pleasantville, there are no fires. Wanna catch a fireman's attention? Tell him there's a cat stuck in a tree.

If you haven't seen Pleasantville, please do. Stars a pre-Spider-Man Tobey McGuire and an oh-to-be-young-again, if-i-knew-then-what-i-know-now Reese Witherspoon. 

You're up, WW.

Edited by Raf

On 10/11/2024 at 3:37 PM, Raf said:

In Pleasantville, there are no fires. Wanna catch a fireman's attention? Tell him there's a cat stuck in a tree.

If you haven't seen Pleasantville, please do. Stars a pre-Spider-Man Tobey McGuire and an oh-to-be-young-again, if-i-knew-then-what-i-know-now Reese Witherspoon. 

You're up, WW.

I've barely heard of the movie. I had no idea it was any good.

"What is humiliating him in front of the entire class going to prove? This is so unfair."   "Yeah, well, if life were to suddenly get fair, I doubt it would happen in high school."

"What a waste. I can't do anything more for you. I'm not Wonder Woman, you know."

"So in the end, my girlfriend became my arch-enemy, my arch-enemy became my best friend, and my best friend became my girlfriend. But, hey – that's high school."