GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

Next movie.

"Sushi. That's what my ex-wife used to call me. "Cold fish."  "

"That gibberish he talked was city speak, gutter talk. A mishmash of Japanese, Spanish, German, what have you. I didn't really need a translator, I knew the lingo, every good cop did. But I wasn't going to make it easier for him." 

"In history books he's the kind of cop who used to call black men "niggers".

"I was quit when I came in here. I'm twice as quit now."

"That gibberish he talked was city speak, gutter talk. A mishmash of Japanese, Spanish, German, what have you. I didn't really need a translator, I knew the lingo, every good cop did. But I wasn't going to make it easier for him." 

"It's too bad she won't live. But then again, who does?"

"You were made as well as we could make you."    "But not to last."     "The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long, and you have burned so very very brightly, Roy. "

"You were made as well as we could make you."    "But not to last."     "The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long, and you have burned so very very brightly, Roy. "

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die."

On 8/23/2024 at 10:28 AM, GeorgeStGeorge said:

No idea.  Seems to be sci-fi, but I'm not getting it.

George

Well, you're right in that. A lot of people would have gotten it from that last one. I could have gotten it from that, the one about someone not living, or the first one.

""Skin jobs". That's what Bryant called Replicants. In history books he's the kind of cop who used to call black men "niggers".

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die."

"Replicants are like any other machine. They're either a benefit or a hazard. If they're a benefit, it's not my problem."

"The report would be "routine retirement of a Replicant", which didn't make me feel any better about shooting a woman in the back. There it was again... feeling in myself... for her... for Rachael."

"Those scars we have make us who we are. We're not meant to go back and fix them. And there's nothing broken with you that needs to be fixed. Take it from an old guy who's made plenty of mistakes."

"I'd do a lot better just giving all my money away because if I really wanted to end crime, I should end poverty."

George

• 2 weeks later...

"Those scars we have make us who we are. We're not meant to go back and fix them. And there's nothing broken with you that needs to be fixed. Take it from an old guy who's made plenty of mistakes."

"I'd do a lot better just giving all my money away because if I really wanted to end crime, I should end poverty."

"You wanna get nuts? Let's get nuts."

"Time has a pattern that it can't help reliving. Different people, different worlds, drawn to each other like magnets."

George

"You wanna get nuts? Let's get nuts."

"Time has a pattern that it can't help reliving. Different people, different worlds, drawn to each other like magnets."

"So... I guess the plan is to douse yourself with industrial chemicals while electrocuting yourself?"

"Yep."

"Want some help?"

George