GreaseSpot Cafe

The World has become...

Wacky Funster

The worst are those idiots with the Nextel phones. Sure, if they work where they need walkie talkies it's understandable, but there's no reason to be loudly asking your wife whether she wants maxi pads with or without wings over the walkie talkie when you are walking around the grocery store while she loudly responds.

It's already illegal over here to use a mobile (our term for them) whilst driving without a hands free kit.

When I was on the train from Wahsington to New York a black lady got on and sat next to me. The familiar ring tone I had on my phone was heard and yet we both went for our phones - not only did she have the same set as me but the same ringtone!

(The call was for her but we both had the same almost Pavlovian reaction!) icon_biggrin.gif:D-->

quote:
...one big friggin' telephone booth...
that's funny so are the rest of the posts

i'm always asking people "excuse me" i think they're talking to me. now my kid is talking into a mic on team speak on the computer and i'm always saying "what"

it's terrible. i think everyone's talking to me but no one is. could give you a complex icon_frown.gif:(-->

wink2.gif;)-->

Yesterday I was minding my own business on a grocery line...quiet afternoon...when the man next to me's cell phone, set at BLAST, rang...and made me jump a foot high!!! Scared the crap outta me...then with loudest voice possible yells into his phone during his conversation...

Rude, inconsiderate, obnoxious and self serving if you ask me...

Have you seen teens yet working with their white wires hanging from them? They're wearing ipods and talking at you at the same time.

This world has become pretty sick.

2 stories:

At the visitor center for Naval Station Indian Island (I have to deal with a contracting officer there), they have a big sign on the door that says, "If you are talking on the cell phone, you are obviously too busy to deal with us. We'll be happy to serve you when you are done with your conversation." Loved the sign.

#2,

They make cell phone jammers over in Israel. They are illegal in this country, but, apparently can be found. See

quote:
"I bought one online, and I love it," said one jammer owner fed up with the din of dumb conversations and rock-and-roll ringtones.

"I use it on the bus all the time. I always zap the idiots who discuss what they want from the Chinese restaurant so that everyone can hear them. Why is that necessary?"

He added, "I can't throw the phones out the window, so this is the next best thing."

I've heard of them being used in churches over in Europe. Sounds like a good idea to me!

btw, the Japanese have a different method that might not be illegal. See here.

At the gym's that I go to, there are signs posted where you can't use your cell phone because of the photographic capabilities.

For example, if you use a cell phone in the locker rooms, you club membership could be suspended or revoked.