GreaseSpot Cafe

Epiluo

Belle

However they took the position that vpw was right and if/when they could find earlier texts than those that had been found so far he was sure vpw would be proven right.
TH had no answers other than "I don't need to work the Word; if this class is good enough for the Trustees, it's good enough for me". The only concern that he had was that my doubts were infecting the "household".
Anytime a point of logic concerning the Bible was discussed, that contradicted official TWI doctrine, TWI doctrine trumped it. If the logic was so glaringly obvious, the best response would be "hold it in abeyance." That stupid doctrine is one of TWI's best tools for keeping people from questioning them and continue towing the line.
Bob, I was also shut up several times by them saying, "What does vee pee say about that in such and such book?" Like that's enuf said.
... language (never mind life) is just not as precise as the way wants to make it. No wonder a person who subscribes to their beliefs needs to ignore so many things they know in their gut. When (if) they get tired of ignoring those things, they have no choice but to leave.

Here's the "research" standard for TWI.... :rolleyes:

It's so apparent now; why wasn't it then?

I wonder how much of the two former foundational classes is included in this new class.... :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...