GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that TV Show [EZ quotes only]

Raf

"Now this is all the money Niska gave us in advance. You bring it back to him, tell him the job didn't work out.... We're not thieves — well, we are thieves. Point is we're not takin' what's his. Now we'll stay out of his way the best we can from here on in. You explain that that's best for everyone, okay?"

I'm sorry. In my family, that's a giveaway.    I'll try again, same show.

"Now this is all the money Niska gave us in advance. You bring it back to him, tell him the job didn't work out.... We're not thieves — well, we are thieves. Point is we're not takin' what's his. Now we'll stay out of his way the best we can from here on in. You explain that that's best for everyone, okay?"

"Can you stop her from bein' so cheerful?" "I don't believe there is a power in the 'verse that can stop Kaylee from being cheerful."

"If you take sexual advantage of her, you're going to burn in a very special level of hell. A level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theater."

"Two by two. Hands of blue. Two by two."

"Can you stop her from bein' so cheerful?" "I don't believe there is a power in the 'verse that can stop Kaylee from being cheerful."

"If you take sexual advantage of her, you're going to burn in a very special level of hell. A level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theater."

"Jayne, your mouth is talking. You might wanna look to that."

“I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you.”

I'm trying to imagine a Smurfs cartoon where someone says "If you take sexual advantage of her, you're going to burn in a very special level of hell. A level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theater."

Mrs Wolf walked in, saw the first quote, and got it. She said to tell you that the show is NOT "Castle."

11 hours ago, WordWolf said:

"Jayne, your mouth is talking. You might wanna look to that."

“I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you.”

The names of 2 of the regulars were dropped- Jayne and Kaylee.

The first quote was from our favorite scene from the series, at the end of the episode "the Train Job."  If you're blanking on it, YT has the scene up, and you can see why the first sentence is enough to tell us which episode/series/scene this is. 

"No power in the 'verse can stop me" became a running gag.

Shepherd Book's moment warning Mal about taking advantage of the "innocent" Saffron is one of his best moments.

River Tam warned about the investigators chasing her, working in pairs and wearing blue gloves.  In fact, in "Castle", Fillon once had to put on blue gloves.  He ad-libbed, and stretched them when he put them on- stretching the first two fingers on one glove, then the other. (Two by two...)

Big Bang Theory fans might remember Nathan Fillon having lunch, and Raj challenging him to recite that line, proving he was Nathan Fillon.  “I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you.”

That was from a great scene where the gang had set a trap for robbers, and Jayne and his "wife" drove a wagon.   When the robbers stopped them, Jayne mentioned his wife was ugly.  "She" raised her head and replied, offended- showing it was Mal hiding in the dress and bonnet with his gun. Later in the scene, he warned a robber not to force him to shoot.

If Mrs Wolf hadn't commented, I was going to resort to posting the exchange about a Crazy Ivan- complete with several names of cast members.

Your turn. Go.

To be fair, without Firefly already in mind, the names Kaylee and Jayne could have been anybody and, likely, both women.  Now if you had thrown in a "Goram" or "Shining" line, it might have been a bit more obvious.  :anim-smile:

George