GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that TV Show [EZ quotes only]

Raf

"No one can pull the wool over my eyes. Cashmere maybe, but wool, never."

"Cuneiform, which is the oldest form of writing, was invented by the Assyrians.  But I read it as though it was Boustrophedon, you see?" "I see fine. I also hear pretty good, too. But I didn't understand one word you said."

(BTW, Cuneiform was probably invented by the SUMERIANS-so the quoted statement

is correctly quoted, but factually wrong.)

"Now how did I know it was inhabited? That helicopter pilot told me this place was out of sight man!"   "We MUST be way out! Get a load of these characters!"

"I don't know how we're going to explain to our friends that we spent several years with people  who aren't even in the social register."

"Do you think I began a dozen international corporations by stooping to thievery?"   "Well, of course not."    "Shows how naive you are. How else do you get to the top of the corporate ladder?"

"Why, do you know what it would take? It would take a polyester derivative of an organic hydroxide molecule."    "Watch your language! You're in the presence of a lady!"

"Acidus Salicilicus! (That's aspirin.)"   "Acidus Salicilius, yes! I'll buy you one, I'll buy you a dozen!"

6 hours ago, WordWolf said:

"No one can pull the wool over my eyes. Cashmere maybe, but wool, never."

Mr Howell.

"Cuneiform, which is the oldest form of writing, was invented by the Assyrians.  But I read it as though it was Boustrophedon, you see?" "I see fine. I also hear pretty good, too. But I didn't understand one word you said."

(BTW, Cuneiform was probably invented by the SUMERIANS-so the quoted statement

is correctly quoted, but factually wrong.)

The Professor, on why he misread the tablet that supposedly showed how to leave the island. He said that ancient forms of writing went from right to left, not left to right. What the tablet said was what they thought was important- how they GOT to the island.

"Now how did I know it was inhabited? That helicopter pilot told me this place was out of sight man!"   "We MUST be way out! Get a load of these characters!"

The time those Beatles expies arrived on the island, looking for some place deserted.  That's the episode that gave us the girl band, "the Honeybees", made to try to convince them to rescue the castaways.

"I don't know how we're going to explain to our friends that we spent several years with people  who aren't even in the social register."

The Howells.

"Do you think I began a dozen international corporations by stooping to thievery?"   "Well, of course not."    "Shows how naive you are. How else do you get to the top of the corporate ladder?"

Thurston Howell III.

"Why, do you know what it would take? It would take a polyester derivative of an organic hydroxide molecule."    "Watch your language! You're in the presence of a lady!"

The Professor and Mr Howell.

"Acidus Salicilicus! (That's aspirin.)"   "Acidus Salicilius, yes! I'll buy you one, I'll buy you a dozen!"

The Professor and Mrs Howell.

11 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

That's Sylvester the cat.  The actual TV Show?  Bugs Bunny?

George

There are many correct answers, and I'll accept that as one of them. The Bugs Bunny Show (or Bugs Bunny-Roadrunner Show.)