GreaseSpot Cafe

Which topics should be highlighted?

GT

We're looking to put together a web page highlighting certain threads in the forums. So what we need to know is, what topics would you recommend to a new person to the site? What threads mean a lot to you? What threads would you like to see highlighted?

Post here those threads you think should be included - the name of the thread and a link to it. A short blurb on why would be nice but not required.

The topics don't have to be serious either. I suspect THE will make the list.

We're looking to put together a web page highlighting certain threads in the forums. So what we need to know is, what topics would you recommend to a new person to the site? What threads mean a lot to you? What threads would you like to see highlighted?

Wow -- that's a *tall order*, GT.

I don't have any specific threads in mind,

but I guess that by highlighting some of them,

the direction of GSC will follow that course?

At least for newbies, since they will (maybe) click on that one first.

Or will this be something apart from GSC??

I would suggest "Friend Tracker" and the "Corps" threads, since that is a partial reason for coming to the Forums for former Twit'ers.

The "Open" thread and "About the Way" for the grab bag of thought processes.

"Doctrinal" for the machochistic souls ( :biglaugh: ).

And "Silly"-just so they know it's not all serious in here.

Thanks for your hard work.

Post here those threads you think should be included - the name of the thread and a link to it. A short blurb on why would be nice but not required.

The topics don't have to be serious either. I suspect THE will make the list.

I think organizing a folder within this web page with such threads as:

The reason for the suggestion is that it shows a lot of the deep-seated paranoia that characterized TWI from almost the beginning that then manifested itself through so much of the terrorizing of the 1990s. I think, for me, it lays bare some of the flakier beliefs held true by TWI.

Of course that's all IMHO, FWIW, and, of course, YMMV.

I like toppers approach ... different venues for different folks

If you are just getting out you want some doctrinal maybe, and some testimony of inside observation of bad stuff

if you are an old timer just checking back after years out, you want friends, what is up lately, craig was taken too court? type stuff

there are surely other categories ...

Edited by rhino

We'll definitely have different categories. We'll take suggestions for those as well.

The main idea is to provide a place with easy access to threads that are informative, but are difficult to find because they haven't seen the front page of the forum they're in for ages. For example, unless you knew Raf's "Actual Errors in PFAL" thread existed, you would probably never find it on page 45 of the About the Way forum (watch someone bump it up now and destroy my example ;) ).

Excellent list of threads Mark. A section called, "Conspiracy and paranoia beliefs of The Way." I'm sure there’s plenty more like those.

The web page that gets put together will be for the main site of Greasespot. Rumor has it that GS will be getting a new site, or sight, or something else Paw's hinting at...

Those two threads at the top of the About the Way Forum

Definitely the PFAL Errors Thread -

The Blue Book Errors thread, too

A link to Jerry Barrax's site where there are tons of discussions from WayDale days on PFAL

A Night that will Live in Infamy - Radar's thread

I know there's more, but I'll have to think and look around some more - those are off the top of my head.

The Way: Living in Wonderland

www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/index.php?showtopic=7363&st=0#

vp and me in Wonderland, a different book, a different look

www.greasespotcafe.com/ipb/index.php?showtopic=8019&st=0#

I would also like to suggest making My Story a protected forum.

Edited by T-Bone